In our school, the aim is to promote a caring environment through the highest standard of professional practice in which each child can flourish physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually. This is also supported with a rich and innovative curriculum that continually evolves and gives room for growth.
We believe that a strong partnership between home and school is the foundation for a successful education. Children need to feel secure and happy in order to learn; therefore, it is vital that good relationships between home and school are maintained.
Trillium Court Montessori School is committed to providing an excellent platform in terms of life enhancing environment, quality materials and child care programme, which promotes the holistic and optimal development of each child. We shall strive to uphold best practices of early childhood education that supports the fulfillment of the child’s greatest potential as they explore, adapt and evolve physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
our core values
- To preserve each child’s’ self-esteem, self-regard, self-discipline and autonomy.
- To guide each child in the development of social responsibility and participation in a community, showing care and respect for others and the environment.
- To seek, discover and remove barriers to the success and enjoyment of each child.
- To recognize each child as a unique individual, by affirming each child’s individual strengths, abilities, and learning styles, thus, creating learning opportunities that are individualized.
- To create an atmosphere of discovery and exploration that will inspire and engage the child’s natural intellectual curiosity.
- To provide a happy, stable learning and caring environment where supportive godly, moral counsel and care combine to grow the total child.
- To foster equal opportunities irrespective of gender, race and disability, promoting cultural diversity
what we represent
The Trillium is a beautiful and unique flower plant that takes a lot of patience to grow, just like it takes patience to groom our children to bloom. The seeds of the trillium plant take almost 2 years to germinate and about 7 years to get a flower out. It takes this long because trilliums are spring ephemerals; they come out earlier in the season, take advantage of the high light levels of the forest and then absorb enough energy as they can and store it into their rhizomes before retreating for the rest of the season. From the built-up reserves in their rhizomes they produce beautiful flowers. There are about twelve different species of the trillium plant.
Another major element of the trillium plant is that it is a flower with three petals. For us at TCM, the three petals of the trillium plant represents the three major elements of the Montessori approach to education; the child, the prepared or structured environment and the teacher. Through this 3 way interaction between the child, the prepared environment and the teacher (who is just a guide), the natural process of learning occurs for a young child.